The work at FLS cannot happen without the donors & daily volunteers. No matter what your talents and abilities are, there is a need for YOU at FLS.
See our ongoing needs and one-time needs below. Ongoing include financial support, material goods, and volunteer services. One-time needs are for limited projects and specific monetary campaign support.
If you would like to contribute some time using a talent we don’t have listed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. We are grateful for all givers and servers!
Mother and Baby SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
FLS provides necessary supplies, clothing, and equipment for expectant mothers and babies. These items are donated by our generous community members. Check back here to find out what our current needs are or call the center at 734-434-3088.
- Boy & Girl washcloths & bath towels
- Boy & Girl newborn sleepers
- Preemie sleepers and diapers
- Diapers size 2 & 4 and Baby wipes
- Training pants
- Pull-ups, Boy 3-4T
- Yellow Enfamil formula
- Baby hygiene items–lotion, body wash, shampoo, etc
- Food pantry items
- Household cleaning products and paper products
- Gently used high chairs and toddler beds
- Summer Education Program:
- We’d love to offer classes for our moms from June through the beginning of August but we can’t do it without help. If you feel called to lead or help out (or just investigate the possibility) with this short-term weekly commitment, please talk with Teresa or email the center administrator at email@example.com. Much of the work can be done off-site with flexible hours, and your assistance helps even if you only commit to helping for a few classes.
- March 30th Service Day at FLS:
- Donors and volunteer electricians have committed to rewiring the fluorescent lights in the Pregnancy Center and replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs. We still need assistants to haul and fetch for the electricians and hold the ladders, a clean-up crew, and a food service crew to feed the troops. Work starts at 7:30 am until 2 or 3:00 pm. If you or your crew may be able to help out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Working with the Director at the end of each month, compose and email the monthly FLS prayer requests to the Prayer Team.
- Coordinate an annual breakfast at FLS Center for pastors and staff members of our partner churches.
- Bring a group of people to help prepare the newsletters for mailing (4x/yr).
- Rake and sweep and trim the leaves and overgrowth around our parking lot and yard.
- Website designer, to re-do our clinic site for clients at flscenter.com.
- Website maintenance, to keep flsfriends.com and flscenter.com up to date.
- Cleaners to come clean the center once a week.
To become an FLS Volunteer, please register here.
Donations to Family Life Services, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Your partnership with this Christian ministry saves lives, strengthens families, and continues to provide a sanctuary for the women in this community. Your contribution is a lasting legacy supporting this life-affirming ministry.
Please consider supporting us at one of the following levels.
- $5 would supply medical sample cups for 10 free pregnancy tests.
- $20 would help provide office supplies for our ministry.
- $100 provides program resources for the emotional and spiritual support of women after pregnancy loss.
- $250 would pay for marketing research to learn how we can more effectively reach the abortion-vulnerable at Eastern Michigan University.
- $500 would cover the cost of a laptop computer for our counselors to help educate clients and accurately chart their information.
- $800 would provide an iPad for use by Play & Learn class for mothers and their young children, helping with crucial early brain development and parental bonding.
Donors at the following levels are recognized as sustaining donors.
- $1,000 would pay for 10 new car seats for mothers in our parenting classes who cannot afford this essential safety equipment.
- $1,500 would cover the cost of sanitizing products to clean medical instruments for six months.
- $2,200 would pay for 10 free ultrasounds for abortion-vulnerable women.
- $4,500 would pay for winter snow removal and salting to keep our parking lot and sidewalks safe for visitors.
- $4,700 would provide insurance and maintenance on our ultrasound machine for one year.
Donations at the following levels are also recognized with naming rights to the location.
- $7,000 would cover the cost of critical updates to counseling rooms where we support women throughout their pregnancy and parenting.
- $10,800 would pay our mortgage for one year, equipping us to serve women in need.
- $20,000 would buy an illuminated outdoor sign to help women find our life-affirming services (replacing the former Planned Parenthood sign).
- $125,000 would pay off the 20-year mortgage on this Redeemed building.
Make an online donation on our Secure Donations site.
OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
We have created an Amazon wish list of the things we need to keep the clinic and office staff as productive as possible and would greatly appreciate anything you feel called to provide for the use of the staff and volunteers at the Center.
BONUS!! If you register on Smile.Amazon.com with FLS selected as the cause you support and use smile.amazon.com to do your shopping, the AmazonSmile Foundation will make a small donation of a portion of your purchases to FLS, too!
Kroger Community Rewards
When you enroll in Kroger’s Community Rewards program, all you have to do is shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus Card and Kroger gives a small percentage of your purchase back to FLS! Choose Family Life Services of Washtenaw County as your charity, Organization No. FD142.
Ongoing Support Needs
- Lift us up in prayer daily. We believe it is the best gift you can give this ministry and those we serve.
- Join our Prayer Team. You will receive our list of monthly prayer requests to raise our voices to God together.
Join us at 11am on the 2nd Monday of the month at FLS Center to pray for the concerns of the center and our community members.