Join us for our January 19 Volunteer Training at Christ the King Catholic Church.
The various ministries of Family Life Services cannot happen without the donors and volunteers we depend upon daily. Many people wonder, “Well, how can I help?” The good news is that, no matter what your talents and abilities are, there is a need for YOU at FLS.
We have ongoing needs for financial support, goods, and volunteer services as well as one-time needs for limited projects and monetary support. We list some of them below. Never fear, though; if you would like to contribute some time or something we don’t have listed, please contact us at email@example.com and let us know. We are shamelessly open to all givers and servers!
Here are some ways you can help us continue to serve the greater Ypsilanti/ Ann Arbor Communities in Washtenaw County.
Donations to Family Life Services, a non-profit 501(c)(3) charity, are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Your partnership with this Christian ministry saves lives, strengthens families and continued to provide a sanctuary for the women in this community. Your contribution is a lasting legacy supporting this life-affirming ministry.
Please consider supporting us at one of the following levels.
- $5 would supply medical sample cups for 10 free pregnancy tests.
- $20 would help provide office supplies for our ministry.
- $100 provides program resources for the emotional and spiritual support of women after pregnancy loss.
- $250 would pay for marketing research to learn how we can more effectively reach the abortion-vulnerable at Eastern Michigan University.
- $500 would cover the cost of a laptop computer for our counselors to help educate clients and accurately chart their information.
- $800 would provide an iPad for use by Play & Learn class for mothers and their young children, helping with crucial early brain development and parental bonding.
Donors at the following levels are recognized as sustaining donors.
- $1,000 would pay for 10 new car seats for mothers in our parenting classes who cannot afford this essential safety equipment.
- $1,500 would cover the cost of sanitizing products to clean medical instruments for six months.
- $2,200 would pay for 10 free ultrasounds for abortion-vulnerable women.
- $4,500 would pay for winter snow removal and salting to keep our parking lot and sidewalks safe for visitors.
- $4,700 would provide insurance and maintenance on our ultrasound machine for one year.
Donations at the following levels are also recognized with naming rights to the location.
- $7,000 would cover the cost of critical updates to counseling rooms where we support women throughout their pregnancy and parenting.
- $10,800 would pay our mortgage for one year, equipping us to serve women in need.
- $20,000 would buy an illuminated outdoor sign to help women find our life-affirming services (replacing the former Planned Parenthood sign).
- $125,000 would pay off the 20-year mortgage on this Redeemed building.
Make an online donation on our Secure Donations site.
OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES
We have created an Amazon wish list with the things we need to keep the clinic and office staff humming right along and would greatly appreciate anything you feel called to provide for the use of the staff and volunteers at the Center. BONUS!! If you register on Smile.Amazon.com with FLS selected as the cause you support, then use that address to do your shopping, Amazon will make a small donation to FLS, too! Win~Win!!
Mother and Baby SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
FLS provides necessary supplies, clothing, and equipment for expectant mothers and babies. These items are donated by our generous community members. Check back here to find out what our current needs are or call the center at 734-434-3088.
Ongoing Support Needs
- Lift us up in prayer daily. We believe it is the best gift you can give this ministry and those we serve.
- Join our Prayer Team. You will receive our list of monthly prayer requests to raise our voices to God together.
Join us at 11am on the 2nd Monday of the month, January 14, 2019, at FLS Center, to pray for the concerns of the center and our community members.
- Working with the Director at the end of each month, compose and email the monthly FLS prayer requests to the Prayer Team.
- Coordinate an annual breakfast at FLS Center for pastors and staff members of our partner churches.
- Help lead the prayer/Praise & Worship at our January 19th, 2019, training. (20 mins or so around 11am in the middle of the training. You are welcome to stay and join us for a potluck.)
- Bring a group of people to help prepare the newsletters for mailing.
- Rake and sweep and trim the leaves and overgrowth in our parking lot and yard. (While the snow holds off, or after it’s gone.)
To become an FLS Volunteer, please register here.