We have several positions we will be posting over the next week or so. As the descriptions become available, we will list them here. Check back frequently.
Development Manager ~ Description
Position: Development Manager
Position reports to: Executive Director
Compensation provision: Salary
Hours per week: Regular, Part-time 15 hrs
The person in this role is responsible for growing and nurturing our relationship with major donors, supporting congregations, managing fundraising events, and online giving to support an annual operating budget at or above $250,000. Contributing to a positive Christian environment and upholding the value of life in all circumstances is also required.
- Follows the Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Handbook and all of the guiding principles of the Family Life Services ministry. Keeps informed on pro-life issues.
- Attends and participates in all staff meetings. Attends Board and committee meetings as requested.
- Cross-training and other duties as assigned.
- Assists the Executive Director in the formulation of an annual fundraising plan, fundraising events calendar and schedule for donor communications in order to maximize contributions and minimize costs.
- Develops and carries out major fundraising campaigns (i.e. capital campaign, matching gift drive) as needed.
- Identifies and builds relationships with potential private donors and cultivates current relationships with private donors.
- Works closely with the Office Administrator/Finance Data Entry volunteer to ensure donation processing and reporting systems are effective and accurate.
- Generates appropriate reporting and contribution metrics to set appropriate goals in the areas of donor retention, new donors and event success measures
- Strategically plans to acquire new donors, advance major gifts and improve fundraising events in order to meet said goals.
- Monitors budgets and expenses for fundraising events, programs and mailings.
- Supervises lead volunteers in charge of planning and implementing fundraising events, including serving as a liaison for the Annual Banquet and Walk For Life.
- Secures underwriters to cover fundraising event costs.
- Supervises and closely works with Lead Communications Volunteer and Graphic Design Volunteers to write thank you notes, edit both print and electronic newsletters and appeal letters, approve social media content and update the donor website.
- Seeks out fundraising and sponsorship opportunities by working with church liaisons, other pro-life groups, business partners and community organizations.
- Professionally represents the organization through prepared presentations.
- Researches grant opportunities and assists the Executive Director with grant writing strategy. Writes grant requests as assigned.
Critical Skills/ Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant work experience
- Exceptional ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once
- Well-versed in donor-centric language
- Able to contribute to a positive team work ethic and collaborate across department functions
- Customer service ethic, excellent people skills and advanced verbal communication
- Excellent written skills, including proofreading
- Schedule flexibility for speaking engagements/events during some weekends/evenings
- High expectations for quality
- Non-profit, small company or grant writing experience a plus
- Online fundraising experience over multiple platforms a plus
- Very limited travel and evening hours required
To Apply: email resume with coverletter to firstname.lastname@example.org.